Originally Posted By: Hollander
Originally Posted By: Marcow
@Hollander

what do you mean with these Clans. What's up with these Clans?

You think this ndrinas are active in Canada?

They worked closely with the Aquino-Coluccio from Marina di Gioiosa Ionica.

Are you possibly confusing Antonio Macrì of Sinopoli with relatives of Z'ntoni of Siderno?

I don't recall any investigations in which the Alvaro-Violi-Macrì cosca has been linked to the Aquino-Coluccio cosca. If you have a source, please share if you don't mind.

In Ontario, Carmine Verduci would have felt comfortable operating a crew in Hamilton. His birthplace of Oppido Mamertina likely provided him with natural connections to Giacomo Luppino's relatives, including Paolo Violi's sons Domenico and Giuseppe (regardless of the fact that Paolo Violi's birthplace was Sinopoli). If Verduci's murder was the result of the Toronto-area conflict between the Figliomeni clan and the Aquino-Coluccio clan, do we still consider him a chief plotter in the attempt to topple the Montreal Mafia hierarchy? If his murder wasn't the result of the aforesaid conflict, was he targeted from within the Siderno Group for some other reason that had to do with other internal dissent? Or did Vito Rizzuto exact revenge for Verduci's involvement in the high-profile murders in 2010?

I am very curious about James Dubro's thoughts earlier this year about the murder of Angelo Musitano in early May and the firing of shots into Pat Musitano's home in late June. Dubro's source(s) told him that a new player in Hamilton was a new 'ndrangheta cell from the Italian mainland--if there is such a new cell, is it a rival of the Musitano group? the Luppino-Violi group? or of both?

Below is more evidence of the problems that were brewing in the Greater Toronto Area Siderno Group more than five months before the December 2009 murder of Nick Rizzuto Jr. From volume 3 of the Operazione Il Crimine arrest warrants, which refer on pp. 1981–1982 to a July 18, 2009 conversation in Calabria between Vincenzo Tavernese (of Thornhill, just north of Toronto) and Rocco Aquino of Marina di Gioiosa Ionica:

Poi il dialogo continua con TAVERNESE che chiede ad AQUINO Rocco di andare a Toronto perché vi sono delle persone che si stanno comportando male con loro:

TAVERNESE V.: vieni a Toronto una quindicina di giorni...
AQUINO R.: no… penso che vengo...
TAVERNESE V.: devi venire anche per sessantaquattro...(n.d.r.: soprannome)
AQUINO R.: no ma io a quest'ora dovrei essere lì...
TAVERNESE V.: non puoi lasciare a Vice?..perchè lo devi andare a riprendere
in qualche maniera… subito subito...ahh?..perchè solo questo
è rimasto..hai capito
?
AQUINO R.: si...
TAVERNESE V.: ehh..perchè ci imbroglia...se ti metti tu non sbroglia
nessuno.
..inc...
AQUINO R.: adesso sta con questi due... mi ha detto " che me ne faccio di
questi cornuti"...
TAVERNESE V.: è bravo...è bravo...ti dico che è una bravissima persona...lui
si è cresciuto sempre con tuo zio...ahh?
AQUINO R.: me ne fotto di loro...
TAVERNESE V.: ahhh?...con..inc...là...hanno preso tutti e due qui...
AQUINO R.: ahhh?
TAVERNESE V.: capisci?...
AQUINO R.: ma noi dobbiamo...inc...
TAVERNESE V.: si si ...
AQUINO R.: ce ne fottiamo degli altri...
TAVERNESE V.: si si con noi...con noi...
AQUINO R.: io.. aspetta un attimo...se parliamo di tutti i costi che ha lì
sopra.. non eravamo lì da Peppe...inc... erano per fatti loro, a
me mi riguarda se facciano una cosa noi...
…OMISSIS… dialoghi incomprensibili a causa del basso tono di voce
Fino alle ore 10.47.36

La conversazione appena riportata appare estremamente interessante poiché dimostra il ruolo di capo ricoperto da AQUINO Rocco (cl. 60), tanto rispettato che, solo con il suo intervento, TAVERNESE ritiene di poter risolvere un contrasto in Canada con un soggetto (indicato come “64”), di origini italiane, che sembrerebbe essere rimasto l’unico a non accordarsi con loro nell’area di Toronto (lett: “perchè solo questo è rimasto”).

I'll repeat below what I previously typed in the thread titled "The mafia and a very special flower arrangement" (http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthr...true#Post922575).

Emergeva, tra l’altro, un significativo spaccato sull’operatività criminale di tale sodalizio, storicamente conosciuto come “Siderno Group of Crime”, confermando pienamente la sua dipendenza organizzativa e decisionale dalla “locale madre” sidernese.

The preceding sentence essentially states that the GTA Siderno Group, which gets orders from the mother house in Siderno and is supposed to obey said orders, went rogue. So if the GTA Siderno Group started experiencing problems after Giuseppe Coluccio's arrest in July 2008 and, one year later, Vincenzo Tavernese is asking Rocco Aquino to make an appearance in Toronto to quell tensions, was only one faction on board with meddling in Montreal's affairs? Because I can't see the whole commissione (board of control) being unanimously behind such a move.