Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: Hollander
We will see more violence in the transition to legal marijuana, but eventually it's worth it.

Can you elaborate more as to why it is worth it. I know Holland has been legalizing drugs for years and I just want your perspective on this matter. Governments that legalize mention the profits that is made but they do not dwell on how it affects healthcare & costs, crime,deterioration of society in general, how it affects younger generations. I am not picking sides, I just want to be more informed.

I don't know if they should completely legalize it, but I think it should be decriminalized. A lot of young people get into fairly serious trouble because they just happen to be with other kids in possession of it. (unless their parents have money for a good lawyer) It is so common I don't know how they could avoid everyone who uses it. I am in my 40s now, in my teens and 20s even into my early 30s (I always looked younger than I am) I don't know how many times I was pulled over by police who said I didn't use a turn signal or said I was swerving then wanted to search the vehicle.(Apparently looking for marijuana) It's kind of like Prohibition at this point, so many people are using it, it's become kind of socially acceptable, but yet it's still illegal.