Originally Posted By: Serpiente
This all falls back to Bruno getting killed ,there was not many to teach the young and the ones that would have " they tried to kill .

They are 55-65 and they are practically clueless in organized crime and big money rackets , why do something that you can go away for life" if you are just a street gang .

Now some of them are learning but they are so far back !

Originally Posted By: Serpiente
They all break Nicky Jr balls but he made them look like amateur street thug's when it came to real rackets and if not for him being easy going and letting a couple fools play godfather he may been a millionaire and on the street right now.

Serp, do you know when and why Nicky Jr stopped being friends with Joey Merlino and that crew? I've read it was when Scarfo Sr demoted the Merlinos but an old article I read from 1988 says (direct quote), "They hugged and cried and showered each other with love, even those whom the government informants claim were plotting at one time to kill each other." I'm not certain but I'm presuming this is referring to the Scarfos and the Merlinos.

That entire group (Joey, Nicky Jr, the Changs, etc) all grew up together, right? I know people like to say that Joey is an idiot and doesn't know how to be a real mobster but how true is that? I mean Joey is Chuckie Merlino's son. He grew up with people who knew how to make money like Salvie Testa and Tore Scafidi so I would think he would have learned a little bit about rackets and making money during the 80s. Like you said, Nicky Jr knows how so why can't Joey when they both came up together in the mob?

My babbling wasn't only directed towards you Serp. I'd like to hear everyone else's opinions too. Anybody?