@Lou

Strong points on all accounts. The Florida trip was without question a death sentence, I've always wondered why not just take Henry out in NY during that conversation...

The reality of Goodfellas is that Hill wasn't operating at the level people are led to believe that he was. While this was all happening, there was no Wiseguys novel yet, there was no Goodfellas film. I'm not sure Hill was honestly observed to be the iconic gangster the film has left his depicted as. My point being that I never got the sense that killing Hill was high priority while he was on bail, b/c Hill wasn't necessarily high priority himself. As stated earlier, Hill was earning primarily on his own through drugs at this point, as his bar did not generate realistic income. He wasn't closely aligned in the business of others.

There wasn't a ton of time to isolate him and murder him between him ducking meetings and doing everything he could while on bail to scavenge any money he felt he could get his hands on. Half ass attempts were made, whole ass attempts would have been had Henry been seen for what/who he was sooner.