Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
Walk The Line (2005, Mangold) ****

The story of Johnny Cash. Re-tells the Man in Black's early life in Arkansas to the release of At Falsom Prison in 1968.

Amazing. That one word that can describe this film. Joaquin Phoenix gives an EXCELLENT performance as Johnny Cash. Reese Witherspoon? Is this the same Reese Witherspoon from those crap Legally Blonde movies? Hell fucking NO! She is also great as June Carter. Other supporting players are also wonderful. I also have to mention the cinematography, as it is wonderful here. Dark and gritty visuals, wonderful vibrant colors, and the MAN IN BLACK. It's all here. And of course, the freaking music. Excellent. Overrall, this is a great film.

Call me crazy, but if Joaquin Phoenix doesn't win an Oscar, or AT LEAST get nominated, I will be surprised.

I just saw it tonight. I'm not going to lie. Slightly dissapointed.

It was like Ray, with white people. It covered the same areas of being a misguided musician in the earliest era of rock-music. The musician bio-pics seem over-rated. I will say, I like this better than Ray, because I enjoy Johnny Cash's music more than Ray Charles's music.

I'll write out a more in depth post when I can be bothered.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."