@ Sonny Black

I don't think Cotroni ever STOPPED being the Bonnanos official capo, in Montreal. The question was always, the Bonnanos exert control in Montreal through the Cotronis. The Rizzutos were in control of the heroin. Did the Cotronis control the Rizzutos, and by extension, the heroin network, and by extension, did the Bonnanos control the heroin network?

I think it's clear, the Cotronis didn't control the Rizzutos.

( I read something on another forum, about George from Canada being killed cause he killed one of Cotronis sons, then they went and hid the info, lol...)

What I see here is the Bonnanos:
1. Trying to establish their own international connections to the drug pipelines.
They are doing this through the Violis, who, were described as having international reach, likely plugged into the coke network through Calabria.

2. Rectified a mistake made decades ago by actively working with the Violis, who were part of the original decina that was loyal to the Bonnanos.

3. They SENT THEIR OWN GUY UP THERE TO LOOK AFTER THEIR INTEREST!!!

Biggest reason they lost out from the get-go is they relied on initiating Sicilians to look after their interest, when the Sicilians were looking after THEIR own interest. They shoulda sent Americans up there to keep an eye on things, instead of being content with just a cut of the money.

Interesting they made a point of saying, " You answer to the Bonnano Family"..... They shoulda told Nick Rizzuto that...... Instead of allowing him to disrespect Violi, Their official representative....

4. Y'all know we gotta have a serious discussion about Buffalo now right?
(How long before JustSayNo shows up???!!)

It doesn't surprise me, take this from Mafia Summit.......

“But Magaddino of Buffalo controlled the smuggling routes from Canada, and that lent him enormous weight. Within the organization schema of organized crime, the Queen City, the City of Good Neighbors, the City of Light—all chamber of commerce nicknames for Buffalo—possessed a surprising primacy.

In this sense, strictly in terms of the 1950s mob geography, the choice of Apalachin had a logic all its own. Dope was becoming more and more the new reality of the mob, and Apalachin fell squarely within the territory of Magaddino, one of the country’s leading dope smugglers. Concealed in trucks and cars rattling down from Buffalo, headed to New York City on Route 17, shipments of heroin completed the last leg of their long international journey.

So this isn't even a new thing, like at ALL.

Also, if the Violis were now in control of what's left of Buffalo, maybe they have influence on the border up there as well, this would make them pretty powerful in the drug game....

5. The guy who taped the ceremony, this is a good example of why the most successful drug cartel-clans, are based on family. Because all they really need is TRUST.

6. It's interesting, all these years, looking for made guys, large street crews-street presence, nothing. But they start tracing the drug routes and players, and Lo and behold, a Buffalo LCN operation is unearthed.......