King Kong #43 on the AFI Top 100 List ** 1/2

Master showman Carl Denham has fallen on hard times due to the depression, and mounts an expedition to the mysterious Skull Island to find another showpiece. He takes along adventurer Jack Driscoll and the down-on-her-luck gorgeous blonde Ann Darrow with him to spice up the show. Arriving on the island, they discover it is home to gigantic beasts like dinosaurs, and ruling over all is Kong, a 30 foot tall gorilla. The natives kidnap Ann as a sacrifice for Kong, and the other crew members head into the dangerous island interior to rescue her.

I was rather disappointed with this movie as I had high expectations for it. My expectations for Frankenstein were low and that may be part of the reason I enjoyed it so much but I had been looking forward to this movie a lot and I feel it just wasn't as good as I was hoping for it to be. I didn't like how the scenes changed (however I do understand that it was made in 1933). But onto the positives, I thought Fay Wray was very enjoyable and "SPOILERS" I really enjoyed the Empire State Building scene. For the time it was made, what is shown on screen is pretty impressive. END OF "SPOILERS"