This topic is kinda in conjunction with the other philly thread I asked about regarding the direct philly suburbs, but I wanted to know if the Philly family had any current activities or connections in the Hazleton/Scranton area?

I know in the past that Joseph and Albert Scalleat were made members of the Philly mob that ran Hazleton under Angelo Bruno and then I believe Nicky Scarfo, but I know that they had long since passed and not sure if anyone succeeded them or if that tur just died? My moms side of the family is all from up there and I recently found out my deceased uncle who was a lawyer represented Joe Scalleat during grand jury appearances and some of the investigations into the mob wars and firebombings up there in the 1960s and 70s.

I know from visiting up there recently that its now a crime ridden shithole overrun with illegal immigrants that overflowed from NYC, so there is definitely crime and money to be made, but not sure if theres any mafia presence up there? Anyone have any insight on whats going on up there?

Side note, I know this part of the state in general was Russell Buffalino family turf, but its interesting that Bruno put Joe Scalleat up there and he had a good working relationship with Buffalino as Angelo and Russ were close friends. Ive seen older Buffalino family charts that even listed Scalleat erroneously as a member of that family and not the Philly LCN

"No, no, you aint alrite Spyder you got alotta fuckin problems"