Originally Posted By: ItalianIrishMix
Originally Posted By: chinaman
shit him being 25 means nothing. UFC is a joke these days. they peddled that old, flabby, non-athlete pro rassler CM Punk just for a quick ppv cash in, meanwhile cutting one of the best fighters in the world in Rory MacDonald, as well as several top guys....watch for this gotti guy to be in a title eliminator bout soon.

I FEEL your frustration but this Gotti guys only way to a title bout is through hard work, dedication and, talent. Hopefully he doesn't cross the USADA line like his uncle did.

CM Punk was already a huge name in his WWE career. Punk fought an unnamed guy/kid in Mickey Gall 2-0 before Punk.

I believe the UFC is trying to appeal to the casuals and hardcore fans at the same time with some of the circus main events.

I could see them giving the gotti kid a title eliminator without building up a pro resume. Why not? His family is a good enough promotion tool by itself for these clowns.

The UFC aren't doing anything or appealing to anyone, it's owned & operated now a an entertainment company with zero knowledge of sport promotion, panicking & trying to salvage a bunk investment. These Pride/Jap style freakshow bouts don't appeal to anyone. They are not bringing in viewership, that's a myth. Ppv numbers were at an all time low this year, and it's directly related to fights not being booked 100% according to rankings, like a real sport. Not only are they not attracting casuals, but they are alienating hardcore combat sport fans. Combine that with this USADA debacle (seriously, professional athletics can't exist without PEDs, it's the backbone of pro sports) & not resigning highly ranked fighters, and things aren't looking good for the UFC.

Last edited by chinaman; 10/22/17 05:32 PM.