I stumbled upon a piece of info about that fateful night in 1972 and I am curious what others thought.

It concerns Pete The Greek....The info I stumbled upon came from Wikipedia so I take it lightly. The Nevada Daily Mail claimed reports Matthew was at the cash register that night but "the proprietor dove into the kitchen and lay on the tile floor with his hands over his eyes as soon as Sonny Pinto and two out-of-town torpedoes known only as Cisco and Benny came in the side door blasting. The next thing he knew, Pete "The Greek" Diopoulis, a Gallo bodyguard, was pushing a gun in his face and pulling the trigger but only clicks came out because it had been emptied trying to save Joey."

2 things don't make sense with this:

#1 Matty The Horse was a capo at the time and a HUGE player in the Genovese family. How the heck could Pete The Greek shove a gun in Matty's face and actually pull the trigger without ANY repurcussions? If Matty did alert the Columbo family, which I don't believe, Pete The Greek would be instantly whacked for this move.......BUT, if Matty didn't alert the shooters, how the heck did Pete The Greek not hit even 1 of the 2-3 shooters with ANYTHING? Joey was swiss cheese and Pete missed everyone? And, I assume Pete had a six shooter. A 22 may be good to put behind the ear but a 22 from a distance may not stop the danger...Regardless, he had to know the amount he shot off (missing everyone and everything) THEN, attempting to murder a high ranking member is suicide.

What happened to Pete after this incident? I believe he eventually got a life sentence for a different rap but I am sure he caught a gun charge from this incident.

My theory: Matty and Pete knew what was going down and they both played a good part to divert the attention from them....Another reason why Pete maintained such a close relationship with Gallo's wife , Sina Essary, through the years.
Another note that Pete only got shot in his ass is another questionable dilemma.
I believe that high ups told Pete, You can either help us and live OR, don't and you both will die.

Thoughts?