Originally Posted By: thebigfella
Or did Capone pick him to be the acting boss until everything got settled

Pls think about it with a clear mind...Capone became a problem for the secretive Mafia and it is explained by a couple of associates, usually former aldermen, and I think that we talked about this and i even sent you some files...just to remind you, there was one convo between Humphreys and Battaglia i think where the Hump says something like "When Al used to ran us" and then he explains about the new generation coming and forgeting about the rules. Humphreys was refering to Giancana who was made during the late 1930s before going to jail. He also explains to Battaglia on how the days of Al were great and if you think about it, Battaglia was made somewhere around the mid 1930s, previous of Giancana, which means that the Hump was talking about the early 1930s. Now, if Al still held some influence from prison, the evidence say that it was very little, if not only for his leftover interests and taking care of his family. Proof for that is the cancellation of the deal by Giancana years later. On top of that, when Al went to jail, by the late 1930s the Capone brothers lost their huge interests in Chicago.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good