Originally Posted By: Lou_Para
I don't see the Feds here at home being able to seize any Clubs colors. The first problem is proving that the 1%ers are a criminal organization. They are not,despite the PR bullsh*t put out by the Gov't. Now,I'm not naive,I know that some members are drug dealers,rapists,extortionists,killers,etc. But there has never been any evidence brought forth in any Court,in any Criminal case,that these activities are in any way sanctioned by the top leadership or that any member is expected to commit crimes in order to wear a Patch.
The Clubs do not operate as a hierarchy when it comes to crime. For example,if a member decides to sell Meth,he is going to kick back a piece of his action to either his Diamond (Chapter President)or his Mother Club rep. The catch is that he is never formally told this,it's "understood". By that I mean that when his Sponsor is "educating" him (once he becomes a Full Patch), this info will be passed on. But it will be in a one on one setting. Or the new member knows enough about the protocol (very likely)that the proper procedures will be followed.
Rico is never going to work against these guys,because the Clubs,unlike the Mob,do not exist solely to commit crimes,and many Members never do anything illegal, nor are they required to.

LE often goes after the entire club, not just the chapters. If they concentrated on certain chapters they would have more conviction rates that would not be overturned on appeals. It is not like the 70's, 80', or 90's. The guys that are in the mother club, don't commit or sanction acts that often anymore. When you look at the rapid growth of the Bandidos and Hell's Angels, they are recruiting more young members with a criminal mind set, instead of guys that just like to hangout and ride bikes together.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green