Originally Posted By: americafyeah
Originally Posted By: Mr. Blonde
We are finally less than a week out from the REAL Fight of the Year, Canelo vs GGG. I've been going back and forth in my mind and cannot yet make a prediction, other than for an explosive fight.

so have i grin i keep changing my pick,but for now im going to go with Canelo for the win. this is going to sound like far fetched,but i watched the face-off and Canelo has the look in his eyes like he wants to win.lately i've had like almoast 100% accuracy predicting the outcome of fights based on watching the face-off lol!!!! like when Kovalev was all antsy,and couldnt look Andre Ward in his eyes before the last fight,i knew Andre Ward would win. GGG seemed to be too giddy,and like hes knot taking it as seriously.Canelo is all business.but like you said,im excited for this Saturday. why do you think either Canelo or GGG has a chance to win?what like,do you think are their best qualities and what should they try to do to win the fight?

I guess I haven't been around here in a while and missed these questions before the fight.

My final pick was GGG by split decision but this should have been a UD. Canelo didn't win 6 rounds and definitely didn't win 10. Admittedly, there is a significant percentage (including the AP) who scored it a draw and a few who had Canelo 7-5. I had GGG 9-3 (though 8-4 would be reasonable and I could see 7-5).

Having said that, it was an action packed fight. As I suspected, the power display was second only to each fighter's ability to take punishment. No way does any other middleweight go into that climate and avoid getting knocked down. Not quite Fight of the Year but firmly in the Top 5.