@Mikey

In Sammys book, when he talks about the team of shooters, and the backup teams, didn't he say only one of em, John Carneglia was a made guy? I forget, I got to get to my copy of Underboss....

@pmac

I used to try to explain this stuff to IveyLeague, but he wasn't really hearing me. The Dominicans have the best DISTRIBUTION in NY, this is why they seem to always bubble to the top in the NYC drug trade. They got what Nicky Barnes had in Harlem, and what the East Harlem, Pleaseant Ave mafia crews had before him, going back to Ormento, control of open air markets at the street level, operating in ethnic enclaves providing a measure of security and safety.

(You seen the movie Carlitos Way, how the Puerto Ricans were moving the dope for the mafia, now it's just Dominicans moving Colombian work, most likely Mexican heroin. The Mexicans have tried to push into NY distribution, there was the bust in the Bronx and the big one in Buffalo if you remember, but they are a long way from home. I suspect this is why at one time they were based in Chicago, there are Tons of Mexican and Latino traffickers here to do business with, but then the Flores twins happened, so I'm guessing the Chi became too hot, they had to look elsewhere..)

On top of this, their country, though it doesn't produce any of these drugs, is KEY to shipping this stuff through the Caribbean.

Don't take this the wrong way my man, but ONLY a New Yorker would rate the Crea case the same as El Chapo, lol!! He's too big a fish to give ANY plea to, unless he's gonna give up some more guys in Mexico.

The one guy who surrendered in San Diego was a rival of his sons I think, Chapo better hope the guy doesn't flip, maybe he already has...