can anyone recommend the book written about his brother? the author's massino book was great, and im interested in charlie, john and mobsters from Queens in general. need a new book to read. anyone read it?

not a lot out there about John Carneglia other than him being a big dope guy (along with mark reiter and angelo ruggerio's brother ) and a gotti crew member. supposedly always a big money guy. i think the carnegilas were childhood friends of the gottis, all from east NY originally

who knows what carneglia's role in the family will be. same with gene gotti. all the old 1970s/80s queens guys. its a different city and different world now. gambino family is a lot younger and a lot more european now.

i doubt there would be a lot of room for someone like John in this day and age. think about it. you come out of jail as an old man after serving decades you got nothing but your reputation and whatever money you have stashed away. his whole criminal network, people he'd make money off of or make money with, are dead, in jail or moved on. think he's still plugged into the heroin scene at high levels anymore? with the dominicans and fentanyl running things in NYC. think he'd still be able to get a viable group of loanshark customers? maybe he can "invest"'in someone else's loan book or bankroll other stuff. scrapyard? even that industry has changed. whatever property he owned in queens prob quadrupled in value. he should sell it and retire. its always sad when these old guys come out of jail to a brand new world and get back into the mix

i know these guys are born gangsters and never stop hustling and scheming, but the world is so different now. nyc especially. these guys are dinosaurs. they're gonna come back to their old neighborhoods and feel like they woke up in outer space. i dont see how its possible or viable for guys like this to come out of jail and make any money on the street, using the same hustles they were using 30 years ago. its gotta be a rough life

Last edited by tt120; 09/24/17 11:21 PM.