Originally Posted By: Malandrino
Been readying a lot of books recently. Just finished Pablo Escobar: My father - his son's book. About to finish At the Devil's Table - the one written by Jorge Salcido who ratted out the Cali cartel godfathers.
But then i started American Desperado which seemed WAY more interesting and I'm halfway in. Joe Roberts has some crazy stories and kinda makes me root for him, but he does embellish a bit I think, when you know a lot about the mob like many members of this forum, you can kinda sniff out the lies somebody has written or when they are exaggerating stuff.

American Desperado is a great read, even with the embellishments and BS thrown in. I'd like to read some more stuff from that cocaine era in Miami. There hasn't been any good mafia books since the Leonetti book, though I did enjoy the book by Linda Scarpa Jr a bit. I like to read just about anything to do with true crime and history in general and always looking for recommendations. The biggest disappointment was the Al D'Arco, the guy was around when so much stuff was going down and he puts out a real snoozer.

Last edited by GerryLang; 09/20/17 07:13 AM.