Originally Posted By: olivant
That pizza -- in the box in your room. I'm going in to take a nap -- when I wake, if the pizza's on the table, I'll know I have a dinner partner -- if it's not, I'll know I don't.

There was this kid I grew up with; he was older than me. Sorta looked up to me, you know. We did our first work together, worked our way up 86th street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition, we ran mozzarella into Canada... made a fortune, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him and trusted him. Later on he had an idea to build a pizza garden out of a stop-over for GI's on the way to Avenue X. That kid's name was SC, and the place that he invented was L&B Spumoni Gardens. This was a great man, a man of vision and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost or a statue of him in L&B! Someone put a pepperoni on his pie. No one knows who placed the order. When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew SC, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, loving his plain L&B sicilian pie. So when he showed up with a pepperoni on his pie , I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who placed the order, because it had nothing to do with the pizza business!

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.