Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
Originally Posted By: Michael_Giovanni
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Carmelo Coppolino and Angelo Leole of the Genovese family.

Thanks for mentioning those names. I've never heard of them so I did a little research and found these little bios on them.

COPPOLINO-CARMELO 1907 USA

Alias – Charlie Bananas

Record – Known to have been questioned in 8 homicides, record including Assault,Robbery and Theft.Very little information on him, although questioned in 1934 Bocchia murder. Lived in Brooklyn, and believed active on the docks there. Associated with Angelo Ieole, brother of Frankie Yale. Not listed in the 1963 Valachi charts, may have been inactive or in prison. Died 1984.

IOELE-ANGELO 1897 Calabria / USA 1904

Alias – Yale

Relations – F.Ioele [Yale – Brother].

Associates – A.Carfano, J.Caponi, A.Corallo [Lucchese].

Record from 1922 – 20 + arrests, 1931 Murder, 1931-2-4 Extortion [3], 1935 Counterfeit – Convicted.
The younger brother of Frankie Yale, and a member of his group. After his brothers murder in 1928, took over his Undertaking business and continued under Anthony Carfano. Although never listed as a member by any agency, seemed too well connected not to be. Suspect in the 1931 murder of Edward Grimaldi, and later arrested for extortion with Antonio Corallo. Nothing more heard from him after his 1935 conviction for Counterfeiting. Died in 1968.

Stumbled upon those names in a C.I. informant report, who I believe was Larry Gallo. The Gallo brothers did not start touching the areas that those two operated in do to fear of being killed as they were heavy hitter's in the war and up to the late 1950's before being semi-retired instead of shelved after the Carfano murder, and were still loyal to Frank Castello.

Interesting stuff. Is there a link to that report? I would like to read it.