Years of bartending experience and I'm still in the food and beverage business. Keep in mind every place's specs are different. When I came up a Long Island was Rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, sweet & sour, and splash of Coke. If you added tequila we called it a Texas tea. Now if you think about it, if you order this drink without specifying top shelf you're getting 4-5 cheap rot gut liqours. Hangover guaranteed. The only reason to order this drink is to get fucking hammered.

Now 2 more drinks that are slight variations:

A Walk Me Down (that blue drink) is essentially a Long Island but you sub blue curaçao for the triple sec and leave off the Coke. Blue curaçao is just blue triple sec (both cheap orange liquor).

Next is the Grateful Dead. It's a Walk Me Down with a chambord (or razzmatazz if you're going cheap) float on top. Chambord or razzmatazz is a raspberry liquor that is purple. It turns the blue Walk Me Down to a tie die lookin purple. Hence the hippy name Grateful Dead.

None of these drinks are that great but if you want to get hammered, try them. Had some girls back in the day hooked on those Grateful Dead's.

Last edited by Kash; 09/16/17 12:13 AM.