unless they knew eachother from back in the day which i dont think they did but i could be wrong, i would say that the relationship was non existant

lombardo wasnt dealing with anyone else outside of a select few people in his own family

rumor i read from a poster on another board a long long time ago who had alleged first hand knowledge of the genoveses during the 70s and early 80s, was that sometime in the late 70s or early 80s the NYDN made an article ousting Lombardo as the new possible Genovese boss and he got spooked and set up the front positions the Genovese are so known for today

Castellano probably had an actual working relationship with Tony Salero and Frank Tieri (especially Tieri since they both were from the Bath Ave area of Brooklyn) for that point in time of the Genovese. apparently him and Salerno were "friends". also a working relationship with Gigante; the Gotti guys used his relationship with Chin and giving rackets and even a solider's life to the Genovese as another reason to kill him. I doubt he knew Lombardo much unless they met in passing, but Lombardo was from East Harlem and later lived in Jersey...both places are like worlds away from south brooklyn and staten island...Castellano's wheelhouse

Last edited by tt120; 09/14/17 09:49 AM.