Originally Posted By: Tonytough
For the beating Gotti suffered at the hands of Johnson...

I've read and heard so many people over the yrs all over forums/ here even and youtube etc saying it wasn't a fair fight... Gotti had cancer, he was decade older than the guy, he got clocked by surprise, and now " oh he had cuffs on" etc

Anyone who has ever been street fighting (I grew up fighting from age 14-22) and now I'm registered disabled at 35...yet I still get fools trying to challenge me. And it's always a few vs one me

The time I got jumped by 6-7 Russians for helping my friend, I was recovering from a torn hamstring and hadn't been training for entire yr or more

So my point is- there's NEVER ever a fair fight

Gotti I'm certain enjoyed hurting people as a young man, u telling me he rolled up alone and handed out boxing gloves whilst asking his victim for a medical before they hit it off? Forget about that! He rolled up with Fat Angie, Gene plus Willie boy and beat ya brains out with a bat

People say he was sucker punched, well do u think he sent advance notice when he decide to put 2 behind your ear

For some reason Gotti has a lot of fans. No mobster should have "fans" IMO but if you are gonna respect a mobster gotti should not be on that list. Yes he was a tough guy BUT he wasn't fearless. I could name examples of guys he feared. Did he fear Johnson? I don't know but I do know he got his ass kicked fair and square. This happened before he got cancer too so that excuses doesn't hold up.