Frank Vincent was a drummer years ago. He specialized in one kind of rhythm called a "shuffle" beat (think "Just a Gigolo" or "Oh Marie")

I was working in a very popular club on Las Olas in Ft.Laud Fl back around 2008.

Frank would come in often and always wanted to sit in on drums with the band.

I'm sorry to speak ill of the dead but he was not the nicest guy unless you were buying him a drink or lighting a 25.00 Cuban cigar for him that you had just "given" him. Notice the word given is singled out.

Thats what the guy was all about. He'd walk into any club and people would just be falling all over themselves to BUY HIM a drink GIVE him a cigar etc.

Not once in all the times he sat in with the band did he ever put a single dollar in the tip bowl, or offer to buy the band a drink. Now its usually good manners and displays class to at least do something nice for the drummer who just let you use his 5000.00 set of drums, but no, not with Frank it wasn't.

Not too far from this particular club was a small street with a lot of stores and clubs (33rd off of A1A) well Frank and the guy who played Pig Pussy and Tom Sizemore were supposed to shoot a reality series there called "Pawn Fellas".

The show completely tanked, never made it off the ground. My point being that on the side of the store they were using to shoot pilots there was this big mural painted.

The mural had Clark Gable, Betty Davis, Marilyn Monroe, Peter Lorre and a whole bunch more famous stars from the glory days of Hollywood. but right smack in the middle of all those legendary stars was Frank Vincent. His head pained bigger than all the rest, with those big fake neon white chicklet teeth of his.

I think if you look around youtube you can still find some "Pawn fella" clips.

RIP Frank

Sal