Originally Posted By: pmac
Michael franzses wrote his first book in the early 90tys. He goes into detail about tom dibella being the boss. Carmine persico i think went to prison in 1973 after his last appeal was nulled. He was sentenced to 12 yrs i think so hed have to do like 7ish. So the commission had to put in a official boss it was gambinos friend. Like greg scarpa said to the fbi he steped down in 1980 he was a real old man by then. Carmines whole appeal for freedom is he told his cousin he didnt want to kill galante but it wasnt his vote it was dibellas. It makes sense. They should have charged him with anyone of the dozen murders he orderd from prison after the commission trial like the d.a.s father. killed by the colombos. Think hes innocent of galantes murder. Even massino cleared the whole story up he said on the stand rustelli order galantes murder it didnt have to do with other bosses. Rusty was the offical boss of the bonanno family.

I actually also believe that he voted No on Galante....It does make some sense and his only angle to work....I guess once he saw Furnari released, he saw a possible way out.

When was the first time Carmine filed an appeal for this issue? I wasn't even a year old when Galante got whacked.