Originally Posted By: bronx
Furio, i think they were both rats at that time

Yes,they was both in special prison for federal witnesses; I think that Casso start the fight because thinked that because he was an underboss and miciotta a simple soldier,he wouldnt respond to the provocations. Casso thinked bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailyne...rticle-1.751210

MOB CANARY HEARS BIRDS SINGING PICKED WRONG FOE FOR PRISON FIGHTJERRY CAPECI JAN 20, 1997 12:00 AM

Anthony (Gaspipe) Casso, one of the city's most lethal gangsters until he turned government songbird, made a billy club out of a rolled-up magazine to carry out a frenzied New Year's Eve attack on another jailed informer, the Daily News has learned. But the magazine didn't prove much of a weapon, and prison guards had to step in and save Casso before his subscription was canceled by his angry 350-pound adversary, Salvatore (Big Sal) Miciotta, sources said. After the fracas, the men, who have been feuding for months, were each placed in solitary confinement to await transfers to other federal prisons with special units for cooperating witnesses, sources said. Casso, the former Luchese underboss, is about 5-foot-8 and 165 pounds. He began cooperating in 1994 but has not yet testified at trial. He has reportedly admitted taking part in 36 slayings and is awaiting sentencing. Miciotta, who has admitted involvement in four homicides, began cooperating a year earlier and has testified several times. He is serving a 14-year sentence. Sources said the fight broke out after dinner as Miciotta, 50, was playing cards with other protected inmates, who are housed separately from prisoners against whom they have testified. Casso, 56, "came up behind Big Sal" on an elevated cellblock walkway carrying a tightly rolled magazine in his hands, leaned through a railing and started beating Miciotta on his head, one source said. "Since this was not a very efficient weapon and Big Sal is a very large man, this did not render Big Sal helpless," he said. Miciotta reached through a walkway railing, grabbed Casso by the shirt, pulled him through the railing, and "beat the daylights out of Gaspipe until the [guards] got him off Gaspipe," he said. "I'm not surprised about the outcome, but I am surprised that Gaspipe started up with Sal," said one law enforcement source. "Without his gun," the source said, "Gaspipe was not a tough guy. Sal could handle himself and towers over him.

" Federal authorities would not comment on the altercation.

Last edited by furio_from_naples; 08/26/17 05:59 AM.