alicecooper
but I don't get it, are we talking about them from a moral point of view or just about their abilities? Because it's completely different; a criminal may be smart or even a genius, but still a scumbag. The fact he is clever and uses the intelligence to commit crimes makes him morally even worse. Somebody may be a n.1 in his abilities and even a genius like nobody before, and still being a scumbag.

And it doesn't apply just to "normal" criminals (members of the "underworld") imo. Like for example, in history there were plenty of extremely capable generals among the conquerors of new lands, yet they make both Gotti and Gigante put together and multiplied by 100, look like angels, if counting the number of innocent civilians killed.

I mean, my point is that, saying somebody is smart doesn't mean giving him credit as a person. Somebody may be a "smart" bastard deserving a lethal injection at the same time.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."