But it's not just himself that went away for life. He dragged down others without intention, without even becoming an informant. Those regular meeting of all the capos at the club under surveillance (refusing to come meant getting whacked), that helped the FBI to know the complete list of the high-ranking members of the whole family. That Gotti was boss, they could have discovered by themselves, but he basically delivered to them the list of the capos as well. And with him never talking in code, always in the same bugged room, this helped to get information about others too. I mean, to say "to kill" when talking about murders, instead of "solve the problem", "take care of" or whatever a lawyer can question the meaning of in court, this is just dumb. But again, if it was just about him, it would be one thing, but he brought under radar others too.

Joey Merlino in Philadelphia is similar to him, I am wondering how did he avoid ending up like Gotti so far....

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."