Originally Posted By: Ted

That sounds like a good idea on the surface, but there is no way any criminal would be ok with being constantly checked for wires by their peers. You'd basically be showing disrespect every time you do it. Remember, criminal organizations are run as a brotherhood. You undermine that cohesion/unity when you are constantly checking each other for wires.

"Disrespect"....If that's the main reason they don't check for bugs and wires, then the Mafia has really become like Bloods and Crips etc by mentality (apart from the violence / "easy trigger" aspect). In that documentary series called Gangland, during interviews and interrogations, the word "disrespect" seemed to be in the center of their whole universe, I have lost count of times when their actions were motivated by "disrespect", not even power or money....

-Why did you kill him?

-He disrespected me!

And everything can be included in the concept of "disrespect", ranging from a "wrong glance" towards a member of another gang when you are crossing the "wrong" street, to serious things, like being cheated on millions of drug money.

If the mafiosi are more obsessed with being disrespected than staying free, I don't even know what to say then....

But if I was one of them, I would have learned Italian, including local dialects from the provinces of Italy their ancestors came from. Seriously, if they didn't stop learning their original languages, instead of sticking to English only, they would be much harder to convict imo. If they talked in some semi-unknown dialect used maybe only in 1 part of some Sicilian province (the Sicilian isn't the same on the whole territory, there are variations of it, same goes for other regional dialects), then spoke it quickly, with a low voice and using coded language, with some allegories and comparisons and allusions that only their community knows, the FBI would spend all their resources on translators without having success nevertheless imo smile The fact they haven't gotten anything Italian in them anymore apart from last names, is a big mistake that guarantees weaknesses in the organization. If they don't allow non-Italians to be made, then they should have at least exploited the Italian aspect to the fullest. Really, the dialects (in the southern regions especially) are so different from official Italian (and between themselves too) that stopping to transmit them through generations, made things much easier for law enforcement. I speak Italian, but when I listened to John Stanfa talking on those tapes in a documentary, I understood less than I do if I hear speaking Spanish for example. So if they tried to complicate it on purpose and spoke dialects, partially in code and partially with signs (like when they pointed at the chin when referring to Gigante), it would me much harder to make the charges stick.

Last edited by Dwalin2011; 08/12/17 07:57 PM.

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."