Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Sad, Dix. You know what I found strange. When I went to this last funeral, the family was recording part of the funeral AND taking pictures next to the coffin!! Omg I stood there in disbelief. Is that what people do nowadays? I have never seen anything like it in all my years going to funerals. So weird to me. You'd think it would be a day to forget right?

AG,

Here's a story that I can laugh at. The first person in that four year span to pass was my aunt. Funerals are always stressful but you know that there are talkers and there are doers. LOT of talkers emerged in her immediate family, so my family had to do a lot of the work and planning.

We arranged for a guy to videotape the ceremonies to send to family members around the world who couldn't make it on short notice. Sounds simple, right? Wrong...at the last minute the cameraman tried to raise the price.

I say F it, F him, I can hold a camera he's not gonna shake us down. So now,on top of grieving for my aunt (actually my cousin....and the sister of the uncle I mentioned earlier)...I have to record the wake, and the funeral. It actually turned out okay...I only had to edit out 2 parts where I was crying and the camera starting shaking.

==

The cousin who passed away recently was cremated, and apparently there was some kind of family drama going on between his parents.I called the mom directly and asked her when and where the services were and she never got back to me. Really low life behavior from both the parents so I stayed away.