Originally Posted By: BillyBrizzi
It's hard to determine which family is higher than another and some are a toss-up, but anyways this is what I came up with:

1. Detroit family - Zerelli era (Commission seat + very strong union ties)
2. Magadinno family - Old man's era (Commission seat + very large territory)
3. Philly family - Bruno's era (Commission seat)
4. New Orleans family - Marcello's era (Huge territory + national importance)
5. Trafficante family - Santo jr's era (Very affluent + national importance)
6. New England family - Patriarca's era (Strong leader + very stable organization)
7. Cleveland family - Scalish era (strong presence in Las Vegas)
8. KC family - Civella era (strong presence in Las Vegas)
9. Pittsburgh family - LaRocca's era (Big territory, but not very significant on national level)
10. Bufalino family - Russell's era (Wealthy family but small in size)

Honestly, I believe New Orleans and Tampa were very small time, so I might move New England higher. As soon as Marcello and Trafficante died their families essentially died wih them. I mean, there was some small time stuff after but pretty insignificant. I'm not doubting that they could sit down back in the day with bosses of the Five Families, but if the NOLA and Tampa families were really that powerful they wouldve continued to thrive long after Marcello and Trafficante.

The truth is neither group had that many members. If they wouldve kept making members they might've lasted longer. Surprised some of the made guys in New Orleans didn't get involved in Cocaine and Heroin during the 60's-80's. The Zips should've setup a branch down south.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb