Originally Posted By: Ciment
Originally Posted By: antimafia
^^^^
"Burned male found at scene of Vaughan cafe explosion charged with arson"

https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/74...rged-with-arson

I still think this arson is in relation to friction within the Siderno Group regarding gambling and loansharking as opposed to disputes with other crime groups about drug turf and cocaine dealing.

The firebombing of the Di Manno bakery, on the other hand, now has me wondering whether there are elements of the Siderno Group who are in business with remnants of the Sollecito-Rizzuto faction in Montreal.

You caught my curiosity, what makes you think that DiManno's bakery arson was related to the Sollecito/Rizzuto faction ?

The Business or Blood book indicates that Rocco Sollecito had visited Ontario at least six times in the months before Vito Rizzuto's death (December 2013) and that he would have known the mourners from Ontario who paid their respects at Rizzuto's funeral in Quebec. (pp. 267, 268) Sollecito, of course, visited Ontario--Toronto in particular--numerous times over many decades. A lot of the Montrealers who have been part of or involved with the Montreal Mafia were or are no strangers to Toronto and its suburbs. Conversely, you can say the same about Ontario-based members of the 'ndrangheta, Sicilian Cosa Nostra, and American LCN having visited Montreal over the decades.

With whom was Sollecito meeting in Ontario? Who were the members of the 'ndrangheta in Ontario that, according to the aforementioned book (p. 268), were observed attending Rizzuto's funeral--do we automatically assume Pat and/or Angelo Musitano, who might have been worried about being seen associating with members of organized crime? Or were GTA-based Siderno Group members in attendance? Is there any truth to the discovery during the Acero-Krupy operation targeting the 'ndrangheta that Carmine Verduci and Sollecito had links? Any truth to the theory that Verduci was killed because of his ties to Sollecito? Any truth to Sollecito's having close ties with 'ndrangheta clans of the Locride (an area in the province of Reggio Calabria)? Was Sollecito murdered because of his ties to Verduci?

Adrian Humphreys wrote on the day after the murders and attempted murders at the Moka cafe in Woodbridge (June 2015) that the establishment at that address had previously operated under a different name, with different owners. One of the co-owners of the differently named establishment is related to Vito Rizzuto's wife, and this co-owner's name was removed from the paperwork just two days after the business was registered--Verduci was previously seen socializing at this place before it closed down, but we don't know how often.

What follows is a result of some sleuthing on my part. In July 2015, an espresso machine was installed at the Di Manno Bakery in Woodbridge. (It really is just a coincidence that the installation happened in proximity to the shootings at the Moka.) The company that installed the machine is owned by relatives of Rizzuto's wife. The company employee who installed the machine descends from Siderno (Reggio Calabria).

The point I'm trying to make is that one of the many possible reasons there is internal friction in the GTA Siderno Group is that after decades of criminal collaboration with the Montreal Mafia, some Siderno Group members still want to continue doing business with Montreal, most of said business having been conducted in the 2000s and a significant part of said business having been conducted in Italy--the latter is why the 'ndranghetista Carmelo Bruzzese was charged in Italy with being a member of Cosa Nostra, a charge of which he was acquitted.