I wonder if the Rizzutos would've kept the Bonanno flag, even in name only, if it would've preveted this war? Doubtful that NY could've stopped anything though, especially how decimated they were once Massino flipped.

Wonder too where the five families currently stand on all of this? The Gambinos seem to have some connections with the Ndrangheta, and have been at meetings in Canada in the past amongst many different groups (Calabrian and Sicilian). Wonder if they support the Ontario Ndrine groups? Cali and John Gambino are Palermitani whereas the Rizzutos are Agrigentines, so it's not impossible to believe the Gambinos wouldn't necessarily side with the Rizzutos (if they had a stake in the conflict).

Either way, it seems as if almost the entire Rizzuto leadership has been wiped out, so those remaining would probably be smart to cut a truce, but this old world shit goes back so deep for hundreds of years it's probably impossible.

Also, I'm shocked a C.untrera fled to Venezuela. That whole country is so violent and going straight to hell. I talked with someone in Montreal who's family is in the life and they told me that they had fled Caracas a few years prior because of how bad the violence is. Tons of murders and kidnappings... have to go everywhere with a bunch of bodyguards. So if that C.untrera had to flee Canada to go to Venezuela, they must really be scared they're gonna get clipped.

"It wasn't very good parsley to begin with, and then the cat went and peed on it." -Sicilian proverb