If you are talking about NY, then it's not very likely. If we're talking Europe, then, as an Albanian myself, I assure you they control a lot of shit, and handle tons of product, in almost every modern country in Europe, a few select cities in the East Coast, and also Australia.
I think it's safe to compare the Albanian gangs to early-era Sicilians, although the structure, the omerta is not exactly the same, Albanians keep it blood-related, so very little betrayal or infiltration is possible in high-end organizations. A lot of them get extradited to Albania where they do their sentence living as kings, and then again they find ways to smuggle themselves again into the UK, Netherlands, Italy, or wherever they were first.
I am not going to talk about my homeland, because there's nothing to be proud of when you can probably say that the state and the "mob" co-exist, or pretty much are so mixed that you can barely tell them apart... they have their hands in every possible pie, of that I can assure you.

Good to be back. Been years since I posted.

-I shot him a coupla' times.
-What's a couple?
-Hmm, more than a couple... Really I don't know the exact amount, maybe I shot him 10 times, 12 times?
-Maybe fifteen?
-Hmm, it could've been fifteen...

-Anthony "Gaspipe" Casso