Rollin

WOW!!!!!!
Sounds like the Mariel boat lift in Miami where Castro dumped all the criminals out of Cuba.

Never heard of this.Indentured servants is the perfect term....smart to do it in Philly and not NYC. So many PRs in New York, that within a week they'd be able to locate a distant relative.
Parents are ashamed of their addict kids and just want them to disappear, and these dudes take advantage of that.
WOW!!! Also, these fiends are more valuable than illegals or undocumented workers because they are citizens. WOW!!
If it wasn't such a sucker move to enslave your own people,I could halfway admire this hustle.

I've read about a lot of P.R.s ending up in Camden NJ, which is sort of the twin city to Philly, but they weren't fiends.Just people looking for work. (?) If Camden is a step up from where you're living.....then Puerto Rico is a lot different than what I pictured.
I grew up in Newark,NJ...and I said the same thing to Southern and foreign immigrants...for Newark to be a step up..you must be leaving one F'd up spot.