Originally Posted By: getthesenets
AG,

Did you speak during her funeral services? Are non clergy allowed to speak at Catholic funeral?

Since I last read this thread...one of my cousins died in a car accident....and my brother's close friend had a stroke(he's alive).

Dixie ,

Sorry to hear about your aunt.She was in good spirits until the end though.

At a catholic funeral mass, usually a close relative will speak in addition to the priest. They had four family members speak. I would have gone up there if they needed me. There are a few ways relatives can be a part of the service. Two go up to read from the Bible. Two or more can bring up the gifts (Eucharist and Sacramental Wine). They had the niece sing at the service. Beautiful. It was more of a celebration of her life than a somber service like some are.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your cousin and your brother's close friend!!! You never know one day to the next what life has in store for you. You are having a normal day and then just like that, life throws something your way, and everything changes. How do you cope? It's very tough. I'll keep your family in my prayers.