Quote:
Originally posted by Aziatic:
[quote]Originally posted by long_lost_corleone:
[b] [b]Crash
(2004; 2005 - wide release) ****
Director: Paul Haggis
A tale of rascism shows how several people living in Los Angeles county come together in one way or another.

Oh my god... That's honestly all I can think to say. Oh my god. This is by far one of the most amazing films we're been graced with in the past five years. Even the past fifty years, it still holds its own. It's powerful, it's moving, it's absolute greatness. A great batch of films released during the course of the 1990s (Shawshank, Goodfellas, American Beauty, Magnolia, so many others...) left high standards for the current decade; so far which has failed to deliver, with the exception of a few films--many of which I am forgetting--but the two to come to mind instantaniously in the area of long-lasting movements, and life-altering film making would be Darren Aronofsky's Requiem for a Dream (which I have pimped around the board for quite a while now, reccomending it at every appropriate moment), and now this. Crash is amazing. Excellent stories, character arc's, acting, everything about this film was drawn-out and well put together. This is a must see to both the big-time film fan and casual veiwer. You will be blown away. [/b]
I want to check this movie out since Ive read all great things about it [/b][/quote]Aziatic, you have to see it. It's the best movie you'll see all year, disregarding the unreleased films.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."