Quote:
Originally posted by Aziatic:
[b]The Seven Samurai

First viewing. I'm blown away. This movie is pure perfection. I can't find any more words to describe this movie at the moment. IMO it doesn't have any flaws, everything is great about it. What a good way to start watching my Kurosawa DVD's. Definetily in my Top 10 ever, maybe top 5? Wow.

10/10 [/b]
Glad you enjoyed it! It is the only film that I hold in as high regard as The Godfather. Seven Samurai is a masterpiece that has stood the test of time.

I watched Collateral for the first time today. Great film! I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of Michael Mann.
***1/2 out of ****

I also watched The Freshman for the first time today. Any Godfather fan must see this film! Brando is incredible! Eighteen years after he played the role of Don Vito Corelone, and he is still able to pull it off! Simply brilliant! I'd score it higher if I were a fan of Matthew Broderick, but I just don't like him very much. He's not a bad actor by any means (I love Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Cable Guy), I just didn't like him much in this role.
***1/2 out of ****

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis