Originally Posted By: olivant
Originally Posted By: Alfanosgirl
Originally Posted By: olivant
Alf, Doo Wop music was kind of virgin music back when romance was still a huge part of song. So I love you was almost mandatory as a lyric.

By the way, Frankie Lyman or Little Anthony?

Makes a lot of sense, Oli. Frankie L or Little Anthony? How dare you ask me that question!! That's like asking me which of my kids I love more lol lol. I like them both equally. Who do you choose?

Mi dispiace!

I go with Little Anthony. As I posted before, Mary Lou had one heck of a record collection and it included alot of LA. But Frankie is a close 2nd.

I was just busting you. Although it is true I really wouldn't be able to choose who I like better Their records were ALWAYS on. I overloaded on Tears on My Pillow and Why Do Fools Fall in Love so much that I don't have them on my doo wop Youtube playlist. And they are great songs. I can't listen to them anymore if that makes any sense. Same with most of Frankie Valli's stuff. Major overload.

Even in the early 80's those two groups were still popular. Down the Jersey shore on the boardwalk there would be a weekend show . One summer I saw almost all the performances. But, the one that stuck out in mind was of this girl who was 9 singing both the Lil Anthony & Frankie L songs. She was so very talented.

Here is a video you may like of Little Anthony and the Imperials. I thought it was pretty interesting. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/NyquD-YSQsw