That's terrible what happened to those kids who weren't doing anything wrong. Cops can be real assholes.

When I was a young kid, my Grandma (who was visiting) and I went with my Dad to take some things to the dump. He didn't really know the area that well because we were only in California for about six months. So, unknowingly, he dumped the stuff in a PRIVATE dump area. All of a sudden this cop comes down the road lights on, siren. The cop asks my Dad what he's doing on this private road. And my Dad tells him he didn't know it was a private dump. Then, the cop puts my Dad in handcuffs. My Grandma starts getting out of the car yelling at the cop. The cop told her to get back into the car. I thought she was going to hit him with her pocketbook lol. I could see that my Dad was getting aggravated but had to keep his mouth shut because the cop hated his kind, a New Jersey/New Yorker moving into California. Finally, the cop took the cuffs off and let him go. But, it's something that I'll remember my entire life. My Dad had to go to court. He told this story a million times. He said that he told the judge he's "guilty with an explanation". He paid the fine. Back then if you had an east coast accent especially what I call a CITY accent like my parents have, native Californias dislike you. They think you have an attitude when it's not that at all. You only speak up for yourself. They don't like that.

Brea cops are the worst:(