"Say what you will but at least Bay knows how to blow shit up, and put together an action sequence."

Well what can I say about him besides that hes a childish hack that spends $150 million on a movie that looks like only half was spent?

As for action sequence, hell Michael Mann's famous bank heist/gun battle in HEAT was more riveting than any stuff that Bay has ever directed. Hell, possibly more than all of Bay's action sequences COMBINED.

I mean, that scene in HEAT is studied by many U.S. Army/Marines students in terms of following one shot of how quickly and calmly under gunfire that Val Kilmer's character reloaded his weapon, and not to mention used(and copied) by many bank robbers over the years, especially around Baltimore, and now many police departments actually require cadets in some major cities to watch the sequence inorder to have an idea(though maybe not totally reality-based) on how heavily-gunned criminals fighting in broad daylight in a city with the police would look like.

The only thing that Bay has inspired was him being mocked quite openly in TEAM AMERICA.

Of course, I haven't seen TRANSPORTER 2. People tell me that its either damn-ridiculous-as-hell but crazy cartoonish enjoyable(hell, one friend told me that its like what if BAD BOYS 2 had spent $120 million less and actually had a director that didn't act like a 13 year old) and others tell me that its quite bad.

As you all have maybe read my VIDEO BIN REVIEW of the first TRANSPORTER picture, I thought the script and villains were complete SHIT. Really, thats why I don't get some IMDB postings that keep saying how great the first movie was. I mean the first film was quite ridiculous in many ways, including a deleted sequence where Statham deflects a rocket with a dinner tray.

Besides, the asian actress that was "hot" in the first film was quite terrible in her acting. Its probably that English isn't exactly a strong language for her, but neverless she was quite annoying actually.

However, such movies don't rely on scripts or convincing storylines or even decent villains. Its a movie-star trailer picture for Jason Statham. If he kickes enough ass and does some quite fancy(if perhaps too ridiculous) driving, then I'm okay. The first film was decent/entertaining stuff that worked mostly because of Statham's stoic professional charisma and of course, his fights...though that oil brawl was quite homo-erotic, eh?

Anyway suspect, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. I just can't see how BAD BOYS 2 is truely good summer blockbuster entertainment.