There definitely were some pretty sophisticated Black/African OC groups based out of Harlem back in the day ( f.ex the Frank Lucas organization ) . I also know that certain Nigerian groups are considered to be fairly sophisticated as well , though if I'm not mistaken they are much closer to being networks than organizations .

All that said most of the present day press involving Black/African organized crime , both in the USA and Europe , involves relatively unsophisticated street gangs . Which begs the question of are there any high level/sophisticated Black/African crime groups out there in 2017 ? Are they very under the radar or just too few in number to generate much press ? Also if any such organizations exist , then do they engage in a wider variety of rackets than their past counterparts ?

I'm asking because to my knowledge the more formidable Black/African crime groups like Frank Lucas's gang and the Black Mafia Family were mainly centered around drug trafficking . Granted it's certainly true that Nigerian groups have a reputation for engaging in white collar fraud , however ( as I wrote above ) these groups often seem to be more like loose networks as opposed to true blue organizations .