Originally Posted By: Johnny_Pops
Maybe "new" is a relative term. Fazzari, Agresta & D'Andrea were shown to be part of Carmine Verduci's group in a police chart for Operation Ophoenix. Carmine was shot dead so maybe there is a "new" leadership group based locally. In any event, yes, Fazzari had charges in Hamilton back in 2004 so he had a local presence. I also agree with Dean Paquette being very friendly with the Musitanos. Although having defended Fazzari back in 2010 doesn't necessarily mean Fazzari and the Mustinos are still close today. I'm sure Vito Rizzuto thought he and Raynald Dejardins were close too, but loyalties might change quickly when big money is on the line.

The Project OPhoenix chart shows, under Verduci's photo, Antonio Agresta in the same row as a Serbian-Canadian; there is also a Greek-Canadian and a non-Italian respectively in two rows that also show Italians. All these rows seem to consist of individuals which some newspaper stories at the time termed Verduci's street crew.

Yes, I agree that loyalties can change. I've assumed all along that Pat Musitano is still on friendly terms with Domenico Violi after the former got out of jail. But if there is a new 'ndrangheta cell in Hamilton and the surrounding area, could this cell also be encroaching on the Luppinos' territory?

Do you know whether Carlo Fazzari is related to Luigi Fazzari, who pled guilty in September 1999 in that bookmaking case in which charges were withdrawn against Pat Musitano?

From my notes, which may have no relevance to this discussion:

According to Jerry Prager, the Fazzari family in Guelph, along with other families with ancestry from San Giorgo Morgeto, Calabria, established itself between the years 1900 and 1939 in Guelph.

There was a Vincenzo Fazzari who killed a Metro Toronto police constable on October 6, 1969--this murder is mentioned in Julian Fantino's book Duty: the life of a cop. I'll have to check the book to see whether Fantino considered Fazzari to be part of the Siderno Group.