Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: Johnny_Pops
Maybe Dubro was referring to this group who were targeted by police in 2015. There were 3 members arrested from Hamilton. Looks like they were part of a 'Ndrangheta cell moving coke in the area.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/n...tling-1.3098969

Of the three--Carlo Fazzari, Antonio Agresta, and Adam D'Andrea--Fazzari had been previously slapped with drug charges in Project Birdie in December 2009 because of cocaine and pot found in the bar he owned along with brother Armando and with Ron Faria (Portuguese-Canadian?).

Fazzari and Agresta may descend from Calabria because their surnames are so prevalent in that region (they are found to a lesser extent in Sicily); insofar as Agresta may have Calabrian ancestry, he probably descends from Platì.

Dubro has commented both that Pat Musitano had a rival and/or that a new 'ndrangheta cell has moved in to the area. Given Fazzari's previous charges, I have doubts that he is part of such a cell because he seems to have already been established in Hamilton.

Fazzari was defended in court by lawyer Dean Paquette back in 2009 and 2010. As you and I know, Paquette has defended the Musitanos for many decades and is considered a friend.

Maybe "new" is a relative term. Fazzari, Agresta & D'Andrea were shown to be part of Carmine Verduci's group in a police chart for Operation Ophoenix. Carmine was shot dead so maybe there is a "new" leadership group based locally. In any event, yes, Fazzari had charges in Hamilton back in 2004 so he had a local presence. I also agree with Dean Paquette being very friendly with the Musitanos. Although having defended Fazzari back in 2010 doesn't necessarily mean Fazzari and the Mustinos are still close today. I'm sure Vito Rizzuto thought he and Raynald Dejardins were close too, but loyalties might change quickly when big money is on the line.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Clemenza