@Furio

For sure Ciro did whatever it took to obtain power, but what I didn't like was that he didn't just start his own clan. It's what DiLauro did in real life, as well as the Licciardis, and Raffaelle Amato.

I loved Ciros move, when he went to the boss, who was in business with Don Avatabile ( I think?) and basically said " If you don't do something here, Ima go to war with your connect, kill him, and fuck up all y'all business. So he got these two bosses to put pressure on the Savastanos, not only to NOT war with them from the shadows, but to also supply them with high quality coke. He even put the Savastanos in a position where he took away their autonomy, and made em answerable to the alliance. He was SHREWD ass fuck, and pretty smooth talker too. He really knew how to play the angles...

Pietro, and I think Imma knew ( which is why she tried to Used Ciro to get Conte) that Genny didn't have the cunning of this guy, he woulda out fought her son eventually.....

Also Pietro was right, his Democracy didn't work, and I know he died in the end, but he DID run circles around the Alliance, and they woulda never been able to touch him if Genny doesn't give him up...

And actually I don't think Ciro is Amato, CONTE was based off Amato, the Spaniards... Ciro is the leader of the Seccesionist, the lieutenants in the territory who rebelled...

@ Hollander

I actually think Pietro is a composite of Paolo DiLauro and Pietro Licciardi, just from the way they portrayed his attitude on the show, also it follows the dynamic of the Licciardis, where the woman Maria, became the Boss of bosses, like when Imma held the meeting with the competing clans and told em to fall in line or go to war.

Take this from the book.....

“The Licciardi family transformed what was merely a reservoir of cheap labor into a machine for the narcotics trade: an international criminal business. Thousands of people were co-opted, enrolled, or crushed by the System. Clothes and drugs. Business investments before all else. After the death of Gennaro the monkey, his brothers Pietro and Vincenzo took over the militant side of the clan, but it was Maria, known as ‘a piccerella—la piccoletta or the little one—who wielded the economic power.”

ALSO........

“After the fall of the Berlin wall, Pietro Licciardi transferred the majority of his own investments, legal and illegal, to Prague and Brno. Criminal activity in the Czech Republic was completely controlled by the Secondigliano clan, which applied the logic of the productive outskirts and set out to corner the German market.

(Now recall Pietros interest in Germany....)

“Pietro Licciardi had a manager’s profile, and his business associates called him “the Roman emperor” because of his authoritarian attitude and arrogant belief that the entire world was an extension of Secondigliano”

THIS PERFECTLY DESCRIBES THE PIETRO WE SEE ON THE SHOW, whereas DiLauro has been described as kinda, forgive my adjective, " Gambino-ish".. If that makes any sense.

Also, the DiLauros had no such leadership quandary. He had TEN sons to pass the reigns to.

I agree on the point about the police. It's one of the areas I think The Wire was a little better.

What I hope they get into in the third season what they have conspicuously avoided so far... The ECO-Mafia, ( Garbage and waste Extraction) the AGRI- Mafia ( Food distribution and supply) and what I'm going to call the Haute-Couture Mafia that controls the manufacturing chain of the High Fashion industry. They touched on Construction, but that's corrupt everywhere..

Some good shit...

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 06/27/17 02:00 AM.