Yes, it's for real, and it's pretty much what got me interested in the topic.

In or around 1997, I was helping clear an old building on Lake Street in the north loop that for some time had been used as a makeshift warehouse and that was going to be renovated into condos, and everything still there was being chucked. I noticed two shrink-wrapped pallets of boxes that had interesting labels, so I took a peek. The boxes were full of cassette tapes labelled with locations and Italian names that I didn't recognize, but I thought I'd grab a few and see what they were about.

I eventually got around to researching the names online and realized that I had wiretap tapes in my possession, and that they were all connected to Operation Good Ship Lollipop. At least one or two of them were between Infelise and Solly D (I could be wrong here though -- would make more sense for Jahoda to be there than both Infelise and Solly D -- it's been years now) in a car around Geneva, and I can recall at least 1 or two more that were recorded in a restaurant just south of North Ave on 25th Ave in Melrose Park (restaurant was on east side of 25th). Jahoda, and I believe Hal Smith, were also on these tapes. Quality wasn't great, though, and I never did get around to listening to them in their entirety.

I believe I had about 7 or 8 of them, half of which I have in storage back home somewhere. The remainder were loaned to a friend that I'm sure still has them. I should get them together next chance I have and digitize them for shits and giggles.

Last edited by JJB; 06/21/17 11:51 AM.