Sideways (2004) - ***1/2
Director: Alexander Payne
Two friends spend the week out in wine country before one heads off to get married

Why I laid this off for so long is beyond me... I enjoyed it alot. It was humerous in that strange way, entertaining, well put together, and Paul Giamatti finally has more than fifteen minutes of screentime in a single film. The humor is well delivered, and Payne captures some swell visuals of the wine country; and I suppose it is even informative in regards to wine tasting.

The King of Comedy (1983) - ***
Director: Martin Scorsese
An aspiring comic stalks his idol.

I can see what Scorsese means when he says he wasn't particularly proud of this one. Don't get me wrong, it was a fun film and on its own is an interesting piece--which is why I gave it three stars--but it fails to hold up against other Scorsese films, let alone a Scorsese/De Niro project, as they tend to work best together. If you're a true Scorsese fan, see it and even buy it for the hell of it. If you're just looking for a good time, go ahead an see it, but rent it first. If you're looking for that hugely inspiring Scorsese film, this isn't the one. I just had a hard time giving Scorsese less than three stars... But justly so, if you were to ignore Scorsese's other work, it deserves the three stars.

"Somebody told me when the bomb hits, everybody in a two mile radius will be instantly sublimated, but if you lay face down on the ground for some time, avoiding the residual ripples of heat, you might survive, permanently fucked up and twisted like you're always underwater refracted. But if you do go gas, there's nothing you can do if the air that was once you is mingled and mashed with the kicked up molecules of the enemy's former body. Big-kid-tested, motherf--ker approved."