Originally Posted By: Irishman12

No way the Knicks would trade Porzingas. Melo wants out of New York and New York wants him gone so they can focus and build around Porzingas.

I understand that completely. I just meant that Porzingas is the only Knick worth anything. I wouldn't trade him either. Carmelo is the albatross around the Knicks, having taken the throne from Isaish Thomas running the organization into the ground.

Originally Posted By: getthesenets

I think Iggy and SL, basically journeymen at this point who've found and perfected their niche roles in the league are gonna be harder to poach. They won't find replacements for those guys if they do leave.They fit the system perfectly.
I think playing together is going to lessen chance of Steph of KD injuring their frail injury prone bodies. They blow people out of the gym early in games so less wear and tear during reg. season.

I have to agree with you about Pop/Spurs....he drafts and develops players as well as anybody in the league. Those young guys on their bench came into games against GSW with NO FEAR, so they are true Spurs. Aldridge is scared of the big moment. He,Carmelo, and Love to an extent are/were stats compilers. They played for years in low pressure situations and scored a lot of points and got lots of boards...but in high stakes moments they fold. Goombah, do you remember on Bron's first go round with Cavs....when they got Antawn Jamison ? That guy was scared in the playoffs and helped Lebron's decision to leave.
LA is gonna get points/boards but even though he's bigger and better than ANY front court player that GSW has...he was a non factor once KL got hurt.

I had forgotten Antwan Jamison, which is why nothing memorable is in my mind about his time here. He was part of a bad supporting cast: an overweight, last-legs Shaq; Delonte West; Drew Gooden; Mo Williams; Wally Szerbiak. No wonder LeBron never won prior to 2010.

In re: GS, I thought I read that the contracts for Iggy & Livingston were up. Since they need to sign Curry to the max, they won't have enough $$ to pay their bench guys.