Originally Posted By: goombah
If the Cavs gave up anything more than a #2 pencil for Carmelo, it would be too much. He's a me-first guy who can't play a lick of defense. The only guy on NY I would consider for Love is Porzingas.

I wouldn't give up Love because where do you replace the rebounds he provides? And as a #3 option in the offense, he's still a great scorer vs. 28 teams in the NBA - just not vs. G.S. I would see is Chicago would trade Jimmy Butler or Indiana Paul George in exchange for Tristan Thompson and either Shumpert or J.R. Smith. I would also like to see the Cavs pursue DeMarcus Cousins.

While he didn't have a good season, I will give J.R. a pass this year. He and his wife had a premature baby that was born at one pound. The baby is still fighting, but that has to be a gut wrenching experience for any parent.

No way the Knicks would trade Porzingas. Melo wants out of New York and New York wants him gone so they can focus and build around Porzingas. Melo wouldn't give you any D, but he can spread the floor and be a #3 option for them. Hang around the 3 point line and hit 3's. I personally believe Melo would have a greater impact on the team than Jimmy Butler. George might be the best option but even with him, I still don't feel that's enough to overtake Golden State.