Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Good question,Blonde.

I like Love's skill set..but this was the only year that GSW were vulnerable..either to growing pains of adding superstar to team of stars or to the Spurs beating them or wearing them out in WCF.
Parker and Ginobili are finished or on last legs...so as great as Leonard is..Spurs aren't serious contenders anymore.

GSW have to be favorites going into the next few seasons.

I think with a weaker Eastern Conference, you'd have to pull off the trade. Might take you more games to win the berth to finals but as constructed now, no team can match up with the Warriors.

I would have to agree for the most part, Gets. I think GS has to be the favorite next year, but I think they still have some vulnearability and the league is too fluid to project multiple years out. Consider that Curry is fragile - he's had ankle and knee issues; Durant hasn't exactly been the model of health over the past 5 years; Kerr's status as coach is iffy at best; and I think Klay Thompson will be doing a lot more pouting as his numbers continue to decline. Then throw in that they'll lose Igudola and Livingston this offseason.

I agree, Gets, that the Spurs are on the decline. But as long as they have Popovich, they are a threat. Even though I know you criticize him, Aldridge is still a Top 25 player. If they land Chris Paul to replace Parker, then they could be right back in the thick of things.