Gets,

If you haven't seen it yet, the OJ documentary "Made in America" is phenominal. Many of the same people were involved in the LA Riots coverage (Gil Garcetti, the TV helicopter guy shot footage of Reginal Denny's beating AND OJ's slow speed chase, plus lots of LA cops/media/civil rights advocates).

I think the OJ documentary may be the best doc I have ever seen. When it was first advertised, it was of no interest to me. My sis-in-law recommended it when I saw her over the holidays.

The basic premise was that OJ never considered himself as black until he was on trial. At least one juror admitted that she voted to acquit in part as retribution for the Rodney King acquittal. A jury consultant stated that the prospective jurors found more fault with Nicole as a white woman who married a black man than for OJ beating her. Another unforgettable comment was that if OJ had killed his first wife (who was black), he would have easily been convicted.

It's a fascinating documentary. If I was a sociology professor, I would show this in my class every semester.