Getthesenets,

Comey was under oath when he gave his testimony. So if he's lying, then he is subject to perjury. That seems almost inconceivable. While Comey is far from perfect, he comes off as infinitely more believable than Trump.

Comey called b.s. on Trump's ridiculous claim to have taped their conversations. Think about it - if Trump did have Comey on tape and it was favorable for Trump, why wouldn't Trump rush to discredit him by releasing the tapes?

While I was surprised at the revelation of leaking the memo to his buddy at Columbia, remember it was unclassified information. Also, Trump has shown a penchant for trying to block free press when it suits him. Two examples: 1) only allowing Russian media into meeting last month and barring U.S. media; 2) attacking any story that criticizes him as "fake news" on multiple occasions.

The biggest takeaway I had was the meeting Comey described that included Sessions, Kushner, and other high level admin. The meeting broke up and Trump told Comey that they would meet alone. Kushner & Sessions lingered because they knew what Trump was going to do - ask Comey to stop the Russian investigation and to back off of Flynn. Trump dismissed Kushner & Sessions so that there would be no witnesses. Trump then appealed to Comey to stop investing Flynn and the Russian ties.

Based upon his first meeting with Trump, Comey said that he didn't trust to tell the truth. To me, that says everything. The FBI Director could not trust the leader of the free world to be honest. Comey made the point that has been overlooked - this is not a Democrat or Republican issue - it's an American issue. If the president or his campaign colluded with an enemy, that should upset everyone in America - regardless of party affiliation.